Tuition for Summer Workshops 2019
All workshops at the school will be two weeks in length during the 2019 summer season. The tuition for each two week session is $1500.00.
There will be a modest materials fee for each workshop, calculated at the end of the session based on actual cost of materials used. Expect the materials fee to be around fifty dollars, not to exceed one hundred dollars. This fee covers individual use of fuel, metal, abrasives, and other materials. Classes with materials fees expected to be different than this will be noted in the class descriptions.
Tuition is paid in full at the time of registration.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If a student must cancel their commitment to take a class prior to the six week cutoff date, full tuition will be refunded minus a $100.00 cancellation fee. Should a cancellation be sought less than six weeks prior to the scheduled class, the school will not be obligated to refund the tuition. The only exceptions will be in the event another student on the waiting list can fill the class on short notice, or that an illness or death in the family of the registrant is the cause of the cancellation. In these cases, the $100.00 cancellation fee will still apply.
The School aims for six students in each workshop. Should the class not fill to that capacity, the School may, at its discretion, choose to cancel the class. Any decisions for cancellation will be made six weeks prior to the scheduled class, and of course would result in a full refund. Every effort will be made to run every class, however an enrollment of fewer than four students is not viable.
What to do if you want to take a class at the New Agrarian School
1. Choose the course in which you are interested.
2. Apply for admission with the simple online form, which includes a request for reserving a shared room accommodation. Students will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
3. The school will contact you to let you know whether there was space in the class and you are accepted within one week.
4. Complete the online Registration Form, which includes the the waiver and release form, and make payment online.
5. You will be informed when the School has received the completed Registration Form and payment, and receive more information on the class, as well as be informed as to whether there was a room available if you requested one. In 2019 there may not be rooms available for all students, however camping spaces will definitely be available.
6. If the class you request is full at the time of application, we’ll let you know immediately (if it was not already posted on the website) and put you on a waiting list if you are interested.
7. If you are applying within four weeks of the start of a scheduled class that is not full, and live within a 200 mile radius of the school, you may qualify for a reduced tuition. Contact the School directly for this consideration.